Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sweet Relief!

I have to write about my doctor appt before i forget! Monday, i was out of work sick. I found out my virus turned into a sinus infection and bronchitis- officially NO fun! but i knew i needed to rest up to get my wonderful exam from the dr. Matt rescheduled going out of town for work to go with me. We waited over an hr and a half to see the dr. Kati, the usual nurse, had taken a leave of absence. I got to see the crazy nurse who "schooled me" about sex when i got the UTI on my honeymoon. She asked me how much i loved dr fuller b/c she wanted me to love him as much as she did. her girls are in their 20s and both were delivered by dr fuller. Anyway, Dr fuller finally got around to us. He walked in and asked what my plans were. i told him my plans were for him to book an operating room and help me get pregnant! then i asked what his plans were. He said it sounded like a good plan to him. He agreed that there's only so much pain i need to be in and so many medicines i can try (that dont work). Since i'd just finished the last pills, he asked if matt and i wanted to take the next two weeks to see if i would ovulate and give it a shot... the thought of getting pregnant in the next few weeks kinda freaked me out lol i mean i'm prepared to get pregnant in the next few months, but i didnt know how all that would work with the pain i'm already having. i just like the idea of getting it all cleaned out and feeling better. I mean if the kid's gonna be in there 9 months, you want it to be spotless right! I also had a "lightbulb moment" this weekend too. It hit me, if i want to get pregnant, i need to start treating my body as if i were pregnant. it's kinda like the whole dress for the job you want adage... I need to start taking my vitamins everyday (the $50 prescription ones, i guess i figured if they cost that much they're like gold and i shouldn't use them up that much). i need to make an effort to drink more water and less soda. i need to eat at least 4 servings of vegetables. i need to take in more milk. Dr. fuller gave me prenatal vitamins to start taking after i finish my high dollar vitamins :o) He said we didnt have to wait 4 or 6 weeks after surgery to start trying. He said i'd know when i felt recovered and then we can start. I told him of a friend who had used an ovulation booster to get pregnant b/c she had endometriosis. he said he'd consider a low dose one if necessary or invitro if we need it. we're giving it an old fashioned try first. if it doesnt work in the next few months, we might try the booster. I have to tell ya, i'm excited about this new phase of our lives. I feel such a relief that there's no more guessing games of what treatment is going to work. i'm relieved that i'll get to feel what it's like to be on NO medicine. I get to enjoy being a newlywed! Matt and I have waited patiently for our time to come. i feel like it's finally here!! I just have to get thru 1 more surgery & recover and we're home free! Granted, i'm not getting my hopes up that we'll get pregnant immediately, but at least we're headed in the right direction :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment